Monday, May 14, 2012

Long Time, No See...Literally

     So how do I explain my silence in recent weeks? One word: school. The truth is, I have never in my whole life been so busy with school work than I have been in the weeks between Easter and now. The good news is this: the semester is OVER and I ended with a successful 3.84 GPA!! Woot Woot. Now while I like to pick some bones with some of my professors about why I should get a higher grade because I was the ONLY participant in their classes, I don't really care too much. I mean, check that GPA, sistah!! Since the school year has officially ended, let's list some things I learned this year:

1.) Camilla aprons are actually NOT fire proof and will catch fire when used for pot holders.
2.) Coffee IS the elixir of life and one simply cannot function without it.
3.) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern is actually very comparable with my life story: the road less traveled lacks directions.
4.) Chicago is FLAT!!
5.) It's good to know the Mother General.
6.) Functioning on 2 hours of sleep is OK as long as the reason you only got two hours of sleep is because you were baking cookies with your friends.
7.) Observations aren't all that bad when spent with the three best friends a girl could ask for.
8.) Sometimes God takes us through deserts so we can learn full dependence on Him.
9.) The ability to forgive those whom you love the most is the greatest thing to possess.
10.) Falling asleep in Mass is OK as long as you have a pew buddy to wake you up.
11.) When in doubt, while giving speeches in Public Speaking classes, always talk about nuns or sisters.
12.) Some sisters can see right through you, regardless of how much you try to hide.
13.) You can actually paint really well.
14.) Sometimes the littlest note of encouragement can make someone's whole week.
15.) Working at the Motherhouse has immense perks!!
16.) Some people don't know what a preposition is and that is why we need really good English teachers!!
17.) Never take for granted those moments you spend at work study not really working.
18.) Don't be hesitant to receive hugs as easily as you give them; your strength lies in them.
19.) Sometimes the sisters figure out your code names for them...oops.
but most of all....
20.) No matter how silent God seems to be, He is always there. Promise.

I learned a lot more this year, don't worry, but those are just a few. In the next week, I'll be posting about my little Lizzie's First Communion and my week in Stone Harbor with the sisters!!! Look forward to them!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment