Monday, November 14, 2011

Charters, Kites and Creeks OH MY!

   If there was one thing that I miss most from being away from home besides the sisters and my family, it's the water. Yes, the dirty Delaware River. I miss it. Truth is, I would go there all the time when I needed space; it's my outdoor Chapel. Something about the steady waves and the wind blowing across my face simply makes me feel so loved by God. While at school, whenever I need that "me" time, I simply go for a walk around campus and take in the beauty of it. But no matter how much "me" time I take, there's always something missing; the water. 
    This past weekend, despite being swamped by homework and the need to clean my room, one of my best friends steered me away from it. And let me tell you how worth it it was. WE FINALLY FOUND WATER!!!!!!!!!!! And mud and swamp and foxes and WATER! Yes, our shoes were covered in mud and swamp life, and yes, I did fall and busted up my chin and knee and YES, we did see a fox. But all of it was so worth it, because literally right down the road there's a creek, that used to be Mary's Lake where residents of our school used to sun bathe on the afternoons off, and I can finally find my solace. 
    The day of adventuring wasn't complete, however. Being on a "mountain" of sorts provides much wind and a few weeks ago, after for the first time flying a kite with one of my best sister friends, bought two of my own kites. Together, my friend and I, after cleaning up all the mud, flew our kites for a good two hours. Having just found the WATER and now having the wind blow across my face, I felt nothing more than pure love for my JC, the one who probably made the day just to spoil me. I can't tell you how much the day of pure, kiddie, freedom set my heart and soul on fire. 
    We all need "me" time with JC, and for me that "me and JC" time is spent in quiet, silent moments being in nature. Yes, it's NORMAL for college students to be walking around the campus, enjoying the Fall weather. But for me, I make it a prayer. Flying kites, was a prayer. Finding the water, definitely a prayer. Everything NORMAL about being a college student is changed when I add the word discernment to my repertoire. And it's only changed very slightly by the mere fact that I find GOD in everything. Especially these beautiful, Fall moments during which, I am simply a CHILD of GOD. Enjoy the adventure photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment