Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do Whatever He Tells You....Nun-Tastic Day 6

     Back to the garage I went this morning after Mass. Yep, it was time to finish taking inventory. I emailed Sister late, late last night and when I didn't hear back, I texted her. Yep, these nuns (and most of the ones I know) email, text, tweet and Facebook like it's their jobs. I love it. So, we were all set to take inventory.
     I rang the doorbell as per the little sign on the door and was greeted by the same sister who answered the door last week. But then, another sister came bustling about. And low and behold, I knew who she was. But only from YouTube. You see she is part of the Sisters' Choir and is always on YouTube. But of course, I didn't say anything. Then my partner in crime for the day came to find me and we started on the inventory. For two straight hours we counted, documented, re-arranged and counted some more. It was a wonder I could even count straight after we finished FIVE bookshelves full. As soon as we finished (and it always happens like this), Sr. YouTube bustled me into the kitchen for lunch which she made. The four of us sat around the table and chatted, really chatted. For a WHOLE HOUR! About everything from my family, to my hobbies, to the sisters' past lives, to ministries, to school, to you name it, we talked about it. It was probably one of the most precious sit-downs for pizza, I've ever had. The sisters before letting me leave, each gave me a huge hug, thanked me for my help and promised prayers!
    The rest of the day was spent with my REAL sister de-decorating, baking and crafting. Oh and napping. I'm the type of person who never stops running, who engages in one thing right after the next. And today was a prime example. As soon as I got home, it was time to take down all the Christmas decorations from outside, and then take a nap. As my littlest sister will always be, she is a woman after my own heart. While I climbed into my snuggly warm bed, she crawled onto the staircase landing and started reading next to the bookshelf. Within five minutes, she was passed out, with her face in the book, sprawled about the landing. I had to laugh as I remembered so often doing that as a kid. It's the perfect spot.
    After dinner, we FINALLY made her brownies that she had been dying to bake. And then we FINALLY made her feast day cake. Her Feast Day was last week, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, but we had yet to make a cake. So, we made it and then she decided she wanted it to be blue for the Blessed Mother. So what did I do, I scoured the cabinets for blue food dye. THANK GOODNESS WE HAD SOME! And, so after they were all finally baked and laundry had been done, it was off to bed for that little one. But, as most little kids do, she stayed up way past her bedtime until I went to my room. Yep, she's my little sister, the protector and protectee, the baker, the crafter, the feaster and my soulmate, my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment