Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Dream Coming True...Not So Nun-Tastic Day 3

     Ok, so no nuns today. Originally I was planning on having lots of nun time today, but since both had to do with being outside, I cancelled for fear that it was too cold. Seriously, a whooping 18 degrees. Success, January, you have frozen me out already. But there were some super positives today!
     First, remember my blog from Sunday about how I saw myself ten, twenty, thirty years down the road running a Sunday School in Habit? Well, those "years" down the road got shortened to a few months. Granted, there won't be a habit, but the Sunday School idea is coming into fruition. YAY! So here's what happened. Kneeling during Mass today, I suddenly got inspired. Since our grade school shut down, our pastor's biggest fear was that the kids and their families would start going to the parishes of the schools they now attended instead of still going home to our home parish. We established a pretty sizable Youth Group over the fall months and so, I thought, a Sunday School is the perfect idea for the little ones to come back or stay back. So, right after Mass, I hung around waiting for our Pastor so I could give him my idea. But before I could even say something he says, "Bec, whenever you feel inspired, even when you're at school, just call me up and give your ideas to me." Ironically, I told him, I felt inspired today. And then I laid it on him, telling him the story from Sunday with all the little kiddies. And his answer was, "Well, Sister, get your Sunday School started in June." I just had to laugh because he knows how much I LOVE to take charge and get things done and whenever I have my game face on, he calls me Sister. And just as I laughed, those dreams for my life came back into view.
    After my chat with the Padre, I headed to the offices to chat it up with one of my favorite secretaries. During our conversation, I told her about our plans for the Sunday School/Children's Liturgy and she looked right back at me, very serious and said, "You're a go-getter girl. One day, you'll be the Mother General of whatever community you join." Blown away, I said, "I hope not. Those are big shoes to fill."
    To end the night of the not so nun-tastic day 3, I leave you with this statement: which regular college student who just happens to be a "potential" vocation, gets comments on facebook liked by a Mother General? Yep, this girl right here. And yet, we're not even Facebook friends. My life...watched 24/7 by the nuns :)

2 comments:

  1. that is most impressive!! you will be in my prayers daily, as well as your "sunday school" You go sister!!!!!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much, Deb. Keep those prayers at church coming :) and your face always smiling

    ReplyDelete