Friday, January 6, 2012

There's A First For Everything...A Not-So-Nun-Tastic Turned Nun-Tastic Day 4

    They always say there's a first for everything. And so, today was a day of firsts. Finally seeing my friends from school over break was a date long over-due. We decided that since we all live relatively close to the city (some of us even IN the city), we would all take our respectable train to the 30th Street Station and meet there. Then we would all hike to the Art Museum and spend the day. That WAS the plan until my Daddy told me it would be cheaper to drive down and warmer. Oh gee. Well, with 14 degree weather, we decided that I would pick everyone up at the station. YAY GO ME! 
    And so, it was the FIRST time I've ever driven into the city for an adventure by myself without my dad and without the GPS. I was so proud that I knew exactly where I was going. It was also the FIRST time I've ever gone to the station NOT on a TRAIN! When I picked up my friends, they all came running to the BRIGHT RED MOM VAN and climbed in, climbing nearly on top of me just to say HI! Finally, we pulled away and headed towards the Art Museum. Deciding that we were all poor college students, we decided to park in the FREE TWO HOUR PARKING (this is CRUCIAL information here, people). We headed into the art museum and it was BEAUTIFUL. Another first: actually going into the Art Museum, not playing Rocky outside. 
    Art is one of the most therapeutic things for (in addition to music) and so, I absolutely loved walking through the hundreds of paintings. However, I must say, I enjoy making art more than gazing at it. My favorite part was the European Art with the MANY, MANY, MANY faces of Mary and Jesus (my main peeps). That was also where we found the nuns. No joke, I happened to turn around and there were two sisters with their backs to us. Convinced that everywhere I go, I find someone I know, I walked closer and low and behold, I knew the nuns. SHOCKER! I went right over and said hello, only for everyone else to find that they knew them, too. They were two sisters from our University! Yep, another first. 
    After the Art Museum, we headed down the Parkway to Reading Terminal Market for lunch. If you haven't been there, you HAVE to go. Actually being IN the Market wasn't a first for me, but eating there was. Yep, of the hundred million times I've been in that place, I never actually ate anything from there. So, we all sat down at the diner. At this point, I was getting a bit nervous about that two hour parking deal, but remembering that there were a huge amount of open spacers and I most likely wouldn't get a ticket, I calmed down. We took our time walking back, especially me with my bum knee. We finally decided enough was enough and went back to the car only to find....ANOTHER FIRST. Yep, you got it...a parking violation ticket. The whole idea of driving being cheaper turned a whole lot more expensive when I opened that envelope. Thankfully, it wasn't too hefty, and it was a nice little surprise for taking a risk. But I guess you can say, me and my friends learned our lesson of trying to defeat the power of time. And hey, you only live once so you might as well just live it up. 
    Don't worry, I paid the ticket in full according to the law with a money order and viola. No more parking violation. Next time, I'll just find a meter!!






No comments:

Post a Comment